Start a local chapter
Not a chapter in your city yet? Create a country or city team yourself!
We are here to help you. Please contact us if you are interested, would like to become a Focal Point and/or would like to start a local chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a Local Chapter?
Focal Points, Country Mangers and Local teams run Local Chapters around the world. They are a crucial part of the here we are network – it is the local engagement that create meaning, connections, growth, content and context to the individual members of here we are global. It is also the local engagement that makes here we are truly global.
Each location and team will contribute with its own possibilities and challenges. These will add to the international scope of what we do – in turn assuring, that wherever you go in the world, you will be able to tap into not only the digital here we are community but also benefit from engaged country or city team.
What does it take to start a Local Chapter?
To start a local chapter we ask that you:
- Establish a small local team with at least three dedicated people.
- Discuss your reasons for starting a team within the group, including what voluntary effort you can commit to.
How will here we are global help?
Once you have a Local Team in place, we will:
- Send you our here we are Local Chapter Start up Kit
- Connect you with at least two other Focal Points to share inspiration and experiences.
- Invite you to participate in our monthly online Focal Point meetings
Why should you start a Local Chapter?
Here we are global is here to contribute and co-create new opportunities for ourselves, the communities we are part of and the world we live in. When you start a Local Chapter you have the opportunity to:
- Grow your personal and professional network – and help others grow theirs
- Build your professional skills – and help others develop theirs.
Skills developed as a Focal Point and Country Manager for a Local Chapter can be: community management, event planning and facilitation, communication and partnership development – and possible many more. We are always open for suggestions and developing ideas. If you and your local team would like to develop certain skills, lets work together to find ways to make it happen.
- Make a difference where you are!
What if I can not find two other dedicated people to start a local team?
Still contact us. Our network expands the globe and there is a good change we can help you locate more like-minded traveling partners and global professionals in your current location. Also, we will always be happy to welcome new Country Focal Points. Together we can use our connections to expand our community – also in your location.
Please contact us, if you would like to learn more or are ready to get started.